Android Market is an online software store, from where individuals owning devices running on Android Operating System, can download lots of games and applications. As the Android Market is opened to third party developers, these can upload their creations, deciding if to charge or not users that are downloading their application. For this reason, on Android Market we will find both free and paid applications. In general a developer gets around 70% from the price of an application, while the remaining 30% is distributed among other services providers, as for example the finance company through which the payment is made.
For downloading an application that is available on Android Market at a specific price, the user will have to make the payment first. Usually the payments for purchasing apps can be made with a debit or credit card. After an order is placed, in general it will take few days for the charged amount to be placed on the card. The receipt can be checked in the Purchase History section, that each customer can access in their Google account. This receipt will show the exact date when the debit or credit card was charged for the purchase made.
Those that have placed an order but want to cancel, they have the possibility to cancel it in the following 15 minutes. If the cancellation is made before 15 minutes, purchasers can be sure that their card was not charged. If they have doubts about this, they can check in their Google Checkout account if the ordered was canceled. This can be done following the next steps:
signing in to the Google Account;
on the Purchase History section, click in the View Order and select the item that has to be reviewed;
if the order was canceled, in the details should appear the description: “your order has been cancelled”.
If an order is cancelled, the pending amount that was transmitted on the credit card statement, represents only an authorization, and it is not actually a charge. In the situation when in the order details the cancellation is not reflected, customers will have to obtain a refund, and for this they will have to deal directly with the seller.
Connect with Ciubotaru Nicoleta via: